Thursday, December 29, 2011

day 511

i like to say i have a pretty eclectic taste when it comes to music, but that's not entirely true. there are a few genres i just can't do: twangy country, scary death metal, ultra dirty hip hop, disney-channel-stars-turned-chart-topping-artists, etc. that's not to say i don't like one or two songs in each of those categories, however i've come to realize that the songs i like are usually the ones everyone else finds really crappy. 

example: my favourite "hip hop" song right now? "rocketeer" by far east movement & ryan tedder. can you even call it hip hop? what's with the digital-sounding voices? doesn't matter- i love it. i could probably listen to it on repeat for 12 straight days...




anyway...

good morning world wide web. it has been 36 days since i last blogged and SO MUCH HAS HAPPENED!!! haha, that's a lie. i just wanted to feel like a lot went on in my life since i last updated you fine people. maybe i bought a house, went skiing for the first time, snuck some sushi, read 38 books, met barack obama, etc. you get the idea. alas, none of that happened. here's what did happen though...

1. i turned 29. sigh. i am now 327 days away from being 30. THIRTY. 3-0. "In your thirties." Three-to-the-ohhhhhhhh, snap.... I'm almost 30. Are you beginning to feel how i feel about this impending day? i know that 30 is the new 20 and it in no way implies i'm old, but... it kinda feels like that. when i think of 30 i think of a few things. my mum. she had 4 kids, lived in a house, and had been married for 11 years by the time she was 30. i also think of people who have PhDs. i dunno why cos most 30 year olds don't have PhDs, but these are the thoughts of my brain... wait, stop. y'know what? i'm 29. when i turn 30, i will finish this conversation. Until then...

2. my child is slowly but surely clawing his way out of my uterus. NOT KIDDING. he kicks (yes, i know this is normal) and kicks, and pushes, and kicks, and beats, and takes my ribs and pulls them from my rib cage to try and cut himself out and enter this gorgeous world. i'm really not opposed to this, however, cos it might mean he'll get his wish and come early, which would be great for the ever-impatient courtney. 

3. xmas happened. yep. i won a cassette tape called "hope" at our left-right (white elephant) party. i ate fabulous potatoes. pretended to xmas carol. spent time with the in-laws. scored some awesome stuff from my loved ones. had an amazing hors d'oeuvres dinner on christmas day. and got to talk to my WONDERFUL and HILARIOUS brothers, elder braden lee and sgt. cameron lee. can i just say i love and miss those boys? i love and miss those boys. they are so funny. braden with his "getting-shot-in-the-nose" story and cameron with his "walk of shame" details kept me laughing for a very, very long time.  

4. i'm seeing coldplay. I'M SEEING COLDPLAY!!!!! some of you might be thinking, "now, courtney. haven't you seen them in concert already? why do you need to see them again? plus, you'll have a new born baby by that time! you're crazy." no, no. i am not. i am a devoted fan. plus, one can never see coldplay enough. if you've seen them live, you would know what i mean. don't worry. i have it all planned out. i've been blessed with a wonderful mum who is taking care of my baby, so i can sit in the very top row (really) at the HP pavilion and be serenaded my chris martin and company. 

5. does anyone have any ideas on how to create and stick to new year's resolutions? i would love your input. each year i have my (long) list and start out okay, but by january 2nd, i've usually failed. then, instead of getting back on the horse, i just think, "well, i already failed. guess that goal is out the window." ugh. help...

alright, my dear friends. off to clean my house and not eat those chocolate covered almonds staring me down... wish me luck.

(my birthday dessert party)

3 comments:

Kristen said...

The only New Years resolution I make each year is simply to survive. That way I can look back at the end of the year and be like, "YES! I did it!". Don't be too afraid of thirty! I just recently passed that milestone myself and it was pretty un-earth shattering...probably because I spent most of it at church and waiting for Chad to come home from church (he had to wait for the bishop to be done with tithing settlement...big downer on your birthday!).

Dana said...

I didn't know you had a blog, sneaky. 1) I want to see coldplay too. 2) Happy Bday. 3) I felt the same way when I turned 29. The countdown to 30 begins. :(

l.caine said...

Courtney--you just are the most cleverest writer--I can hear you saying what you type and it makes me smile and laugh and laugh!
30, Schmirty--that ain't nothing to get up about!
I had Jeremy play the Beatle's song "When I'm 64" on Tom's 64th birthday a couple of weeks ago. I thought it was sweet of me to think about it--he couldn't quite figure it out at first and then we moved on. I'm smiling still.

There is no way you will not be young even when you are old like me at 60. I can't believe you will ever get old!
Love ya! --Aunt (Awnty to you) Lora

Post a Comment